Listing of wood stove makers and brands models...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
We are going to attempt to list current models......

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Manufacturers_List/
(note - if you are registered just hit the "edit" link in the wiki and you can add to that list")

is a short starter list. Would appreciate if folks would either add to that, or just post in this thread additional brand names and manufacturers.

Just wood, coal stoves, inserts and fireplaces (high eff.) and central heaters....

List here for folks who don't want to wiki:
Alaska Stoves
Alpha American:Yukon
American Energy Systems:Magnum
Appalacian
Austraflamme
Blaze King
Breckwell
Buck Stove
CFM/Century Heating
CFM:Century
CFM:Dutchwest
CFM:Vermont Castings
Charmaster
Country Flame
Country Stoves
Danson
Drolet
Englands Stove Works:Englander
FMI (Fireplace Manufacturers)
FMI:Regency
HHT:Harman
HHT:QuadraFire
HS Tarm
Harman
HearthStone
Heat Tech
High Valley Stoves
Hitzer
ICC:RSF Energy
Jotul
Kozy Heat
Lennox
Max Blank
Mørso
Osburn
Pacific Energy
RJM Manufacturing: Energy King
Rais
Sedore Stoves
Thelin
Travis Industries:Avalon
Travis Industries:FPX
Travis Industries:Lopi
US Stove
Vogelzang
Whitfield
Wilkening
Wolf Steel:Napoleon
Woodstock Soapstone

Where's Waterford? or are these only wood/coal stoves sold currently in US/Canada?

RSF fireplaces.

Webmaster said:
ICC:RSF is in there.....

They are made by ICC

Thanks...

Oops, looked for it, missed that. Sorry

Efel?

I looked around at Efel and the site is strange and the PDF is oil (oil stove) only.....I think the lack of a web site may be a disqualifier!

Could there really be a stove manufacturers without a web presence? Maybe Nestor Martin and Efel are one and the same or similar.

I think if a stove cannot be purchased (no clear way to buy it), that disqualifies also.

I may also start with just freestandings (thanks, Goose) but any data on other stuff will be used as we will do inserts, built ins and centrals also. But since the same data applies only to a single set (freestanding, for instance), I;ll start with that.

Napoleon. From Canada (Wolf Steel) but easily purchased in the US.

Added> Ops, re-read list and saw it listed under Wolf Steel (Napoleon). So already there...

Wittus. New York state, imports from Europe.
Heartland (former Elmira, wood cook stoves)
Selkirk (High-efficiency Built-in)
Tulikivi, free-standing soapstone stoves
Baker Stove, PA
Central Boiler
Continental Fireplace, Wolf Steel
Hampton, FMI
Excaliber, FMI
Scan (Jotul)
Bodart/Goney

I'm assuming you want the Built-ins on this list?

Is there a Heat Tech? different from Heatech? Heatech is closed down, sold to Archguard (gas only).

Thanks, all.

I am going to do separate lists with the built-ins, but will use all this data. The first shot will be at free standers.....and will be limited to stuff that does not have to be assembled on-site....meaning no masonry heaters this time around.

There are surprisingly few makers of stove, and when you take out some of the multiple (SBI, TRAVIS, FPI, HHT, CFM etc.), there are even less!

There are also, I suspect, some brands being sold under various labels......like private labeled. I am not going to include these because they are not available in general and hard to sort out from a web site.
Even the Efel is suspect, because when I go to the link BG mentions, and then try to go to the home page of that site, I get redirected to Coastline...and once again their lack of specs.

I stuffed the wiki full of some links I had. It's very easy to use and edit.

Yukon.... if you are counting furnaces too?

Those EPA lists tend to come and go, and are not sortable by cubic feet, vent size, etc.......

When a maker has identical brands, we are going to list the main brand and mention the other in a comment field.

I doubt we will be able to catch all duplicate - a lot of stove makers these days have other companies make and "private label" their stoves. Also, we are limiting the listings to stoves which are available (must be easily able to see that stove can be purchased - based on web site, etc.) - No need to confuse folks with something that is impossible to get!

If anyone wants to enter some stoves (it's easy), just respond to this thread or PM me. Looking for volunteers......you can usually do your info collection easily on the manufacturers web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.