Little black egg pizza oven

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I made one of these so called little black eggs.
Take a weber grill and cut the bottom out of it, hook up a turkey fryer burner.
The lid has some modifications. A piece of aluminum to create a low ceiling and a vent in front.
Add a couple pizza stones and you're in business.

I fired it up for the first time yesterday and was pleased with the results.
I have a little tweaking to do still but here is my first pie. Not bad, i have heard these things have quite a learning curve due to the intense heat.

littleblackegg-580x391.jpg DSC07733.jpg

Awesome job. For a first pizza I'd say you're off to a great start. What inspired this project?

That looks really good. Is the base welded to the Weber? What temps are you getting?

Awesome job. For a first pizza I'd say you're off to a great start. What inspired this project?
Thanks! I have been making home made pizza for a couple of years now and have mastered the oven style.
My home oven only goes to 500. Different styles of pizza need higher heat. Real italian pizza, brick oven style is cooked between 700-1000.
It could be a poor mans brick oven i suppose.

That looks really good. Is the base welded to the Weber? What temps are you getting?
I did not weld it. I cut notches in the weber so the base fits into it snug. Seems to work so far.
For temps i slowly preheat for about 45 mins and my stone is around 600.
I know some guys have added a bigger regulator to get more heat, some showing upwards of 800-900

DSCN5263.JPG_thumb.jpeg

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I did not weld it. I cut notches in the weber so the base fits into it snug. Seems to work so far.
For temps i slowly preheat for about 45 mins and my stone is around 600.
I know some guys have added a bigger regulator to get more heat, some showing upwards of 800-900

View attachment 100751

Where do you find the kit?

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. I love to eat pizza, before I was married some say I lived off of it. Making it, well that has not been a skill I seem to have. Great idea.

Reactions: bfunk13
Congrats on the build - nice lookin' pie too.

That's pretty cool! The pizza looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.