little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowleopard

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2009
Stove has been cold during the day for three days now.
Sky is blue, and the air as balmy as a tropical breeze.
Bunny boots are left at home, sneakers are the footgear of choice.
People are smiling, and when you ask them how they are, they say, "Great!"
Damn. I think we made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avB-DGlhrEs&feature=related

Couldn't resist !

Shoot me
happy0198.gif

Gak, Manilow!? Where's my pea-shooter?

OMG! This time of the year `Here Comes the Sun' is like a national anthem or like playing Sweet Home Alabama in Alabama. People stand up and take their hats off, or start crying. And I am sharing this with you all because it's special, and you're special, and I figured you'd get it. And you post a link to someone who looks like he's never been north of Vegas or LA.

Cringing here, Dixie-girl . . . :sick:

Nobody suffers better than Barry Manilow.

BrotherBart said:
Nobody suffers better than Barry Manilow.

Now that you mention it, I think I have seen this guy. He's the one who stands at the island by the traffic light with a sign that says "Homeless. God bless."

I've noticed that there is still a little bit of daylight when I get home from work now at 5 p.m. . . . not a whole lot longer, but it certainly beats driving to and from work in the dark.

Now if only we had more snow . . . . darn it SnowLeopard . . . share some with the rest of us would you?

All these years I thought that song was about George's drug problem.
Off to tend to some yard carnage. It has been windy, which reminds me of another song.
Kenny

Wow! I just looked at the Fairbanks forecast. Looks like Spring is about to be sprung! Enjoy it now. Pay for it later.

snowleopard said:
OMG! This time of the year `Here Comes the Sun' is like a national anthem or like playing Sweet Home Alabama in Alabama. People stand up and take their hats off, or start crying. And I am sharing this with you all because it's special, and you're special, and I figured you'd get it. And you post a link to someone who looks like he's never been north of Vegas or LA.

Cringing here, Dixie-girl . . . :sick:

LOL !! Told you I couldn't resisit *dodges BG's pea shooter"

Here ya go, Snow :)

Backwoods Savage said:
Wow! I just looked at the Fairbanks forecast. Looks like Spring is about to be sprung! Enjoy it now. Pay for it later.

I believe we have a receipt around here somewhere marked, "Spring: paid in full."

Even if it slams down again to -40, the nice thing about this time of the year is that it's not going to last a month, or likely even a week. It's just winter showing off, trying to get the last word in before it slams the door and flounces off.

Ha! Was looking through my seeds the other day, and visualizing the world exploding into riotous May. Woot! (I'm saying woot! a lot these days.)

I really like the days getting longer. Got home yesterday at 4:30 was to the woods by 4:50 and cut about 3/4 of a pickup load and home by 6:15 with just a glimmer of daylight left. Course I was hustling but you gotta be grateful for the little things. Turn the clocks ahead in March. Then I'll really feel like we have made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.