Little modification to my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRXL

Jan 7, 2013
Ontario,Canada
Started some more cleaning on my Englander 25PDV and took the combustion blower off to clean inside where the fan is and scrape the inside of the metal walls and vac in there also.
That's when I noticed how awful the aluminum casting is that is screwed to the combustion blower housing. Huge ridges and casting lugs. Decided to smoothen things out with the ole pencil grinder. Don't know if it really will changing anything but it seemed like a good idea at the time. If anything it should flow better for the exhaust. IMG-20131005-00270.jpg IMG-20131005-00275.jpg

So basically Ported and Gasket Matched.....

Should increase Horsepower by at least 10.

Looks Good, Can't hurt.

---Nailer---

LOL That's excatly what I was going for. Its been a while since I've port-n-polished a set of heads it felt good to port this.
HAHA....a HiPerf. Hot Rod pellet stove. Better get that baby on the flow bench. Too bad you didn't do before & after CFM numbers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.