Little old lady needs Jotul help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermax

Dec 20, 2012
I have a great contractor who installed my jotul. My jotul is Model: GF 100 DVII. He installed it about a year ago but it had been purchased many years before and was sitting boxed in my garage. Anyway, we cannot get the pilot light to work. My contractor thinks maybe the piping to vent the stove might not be right, but he is so good at everything he does, I just think there must be some other problem. Cannot find anyone to come and see what the problem might be. Gas stove insert people say they will not help me unless I bought it from them. The store I bought it from is no longer in business. I live in Central California near Santa Cruz. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

First of all the venting has nothing to do with the pilot lighting...Did he make sure there is gas coming to the unit. Did your contractor turn the gas on? Did he bleed the gas line at the connection to the gas valve under the unit? Is the igniter sparking? Is the knob in the pilot position? Is he depressing the pilot knob all the way in when hitting the igniter? Let us know exactly how he's trying to light it.

That is an 820 Nova SIT with a standing pilot. Did anyone bleed the line? It can take forever to bleed all the air out of 40 feet of gas line through the pilot. Can you hear gas when the control knob is depressed? Does it deflect the flame on a bic lighter?

Peace

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.