Little Robin/Chipmunk

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This little Robin was on the ground on Sunday in the area I was stacking, tried to fly but could not get off the ground. I worked that area from 10 until 2, when the little one chirped Ma was there with a worm,I thought about taking pictures when mom was feeding the little one but just enjoyed it.

The picture of the chipmunk was tonight
100_5131.JPG
100_5133.JPG
100_5137.JPG
right before I let him out, man are they fast.

zap

Reactions: ScotO and quads
We have an over abundance of chipmunks this year...they are friggin everywhere!
They are weird too. They come very close and then stare at ya...must be something in the water.!!

Reactions: ScotO
They are weird too. They come very close and then stare at ya...must be something in the water.!!

Not me . . . I love the little buggers, but my cats love them even more than I do and apparently they don't play well together.

they are cute little buggers, but can be a real PITA when I'm out hunting. Between them and the blue jays, they like to "tattle tale" on you at the worst possible moment!

lost my baby robins to a hawk who has set up shop across the road in the bush lot. noticed the Chipmunk and red squrriel population has taken a hit as well. Hawk is sure an efficent feeding machine.........................................

Status
Not open for further replies.