Little score on the way home.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie Gumtree

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2012
We have had a few days of high wind this last week. This is the first small score so far.

There were 4 of these - but i only managed to get 1 1/2 in my ute. Will get the rest tonight on the way home.;)

The only way to break these big ones is to start on the outside edge and work around. It wasn't a bad one 3 hits and off we went.

CAM00255.jpg

Reactions: albert1029
Were they already bucked, free for the taking....if you can get 'em in the car? Decent wood?

Yes they are all bucked like that - i get all my 'free' wood like this. I have never dropped a tree for firewood.;em

I always carry a fiskas in the truck just in case i cant lift them into the back of the truck. Its a Ozzie hardwood - i'll let you know how good it is to burn in about 3 years time......;lol

nice, the axe gives it some scale

here's another one i got a couple of weeks ago - similar weighted wood also my UTE (truck) that i ues. It can carry 1000 kgs but i dont like to overload it as i have to reverse down my drive to the wood pile.

CAM00178.jpg CAM00180.jpg CAM00132.jpg

Reactions: albert1029
Status
Not open for further replies.