1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Little score on the way home.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Auzzie Gumtree, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Auzzie Gumtree

Auzzie Gumtree Feeling the Heat

We have had a few days of high wind this last week. This is the first small score so far.

There were 4 of these - but i only managed to get 1 1/2 in my ute. Will get the rest tonight on the way home.;)

The only way to break these big ones is to start on the outside edge and work around. It wasn't a bad one 3 hits and off we went.

CAM00255.jpg
    albert1029 likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Were they already bucked, free for the taking....if you can get 'em in the car? Decent wood?
  3. Auzzie Gumtree

Yes they are all bucked like that - i get all my 'free' wood like this. I have never dropped a tree for firewood.;em

I always carry a fiskas in the truck just in case i cant lift them into the back of the truck. Its a Ozzie hardwood - i'll let you know how good it is to burn in about 3 years time......;lol
  4. rowerwet

rowerwet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    nice, the axe gives it some scale
  5. Auzzie Gumtree

here's another one i got a couple of weeks ago - similar weighted wood also my UTE (truck) that i ues. It can carry 1000 kgs but i dont like to overload it as i have to reverse down my drive to the wood pile.

CAM00178.jpg CAM00180.jpg CAM00132.jpg
    albert1029 likes this.