Little scrounge today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barmstrong2

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 2, 2007
Maine
I'm a member of the commission that operates the dam on the lake here where I live and today was the day we went out to open the dam for the season. When I arrived, I found a stand of trees had blown across the road just above the dam. We walked in from there and got the dam open, then, I went home and got the saw.
One fair size maple, 4 more smaller maples and a birch had blown over lifting the roots of all of them in one, massive mess right on the waters edge. I was able to clear away the brush enough to get a safe area and cut the smaller trees off before finally cutting the larger maple and let the roots drop back into place.
After it's all limbed, it yielded a truckload of nice, solid logs. Now, I have to get back and pick up the brush pile.
KIMG0112 (2).jpg
KIMG0113 (2).jpg
KIMG0114 (2).jpg

Maple and birch will make nice heat. Nice score. ;)

There was an apple tree caught up in the blow down, as well, but the roots were intact. I cut it free and I think it'll be fine.
Nice - pay it forward a bit. Kudos...

Status
Not open for further replies.