Living large in AsheVegas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwloco

Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
Sitting in front of a hot VC Resolute; just out of the new hot tub. 43F and rain. Tub at 101F was great.

It reminded me, size wise, of the fish tank that had been converted into a hot tub at Palmer Station, Antarctica. 10F on a clear night, you could see stars forever. I spent several wonderful nights (over two winters) watching the moon rise over the glacier while nursing an Astral Beer, happily floating along.

No glaciers, no barking seals, no cold hard wind blowing in my ears. An old oak tree, my wood pile, my '71 Dodge nosing out the carport facing my '85 Westy.

Life is o.k.

I still miss the wood stove and hot tub at Palmer Station.

As a salute to the Carolinas I too will enjoy a dip in the 101 degree water of my hot tub tonight. It will be between showers and I will be enjoying Jim Beam tonight. The tub cost a few bucks to heat but it is hard to beat the time spent soaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.