Load load pricing...got a quote...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 cord. Couldn't be happier.

That does look pretty good. So many of us have had trouble buying a full cord of splits, so if you've got a good vendor hang on to him. I got deliveries until my usage went up and up and my trees kept falling down.

The problem with CL scores is that the stuff can be cut at any length and that can mess with your stacking space if that's under a roof. I've never gotten a log load, but the whole trees I've processed can be cut to the exact length I'm looking for, and stacking turns out so much neater.

Based on some really sketchy calculations I made one evening, for my pace, I settled on me earning about $20 an hour to process firewood.

"IF" you were to get a log load, rent a splitter, and get 2-3 guys to help, I'd bet you could split (not stack) a cord an hour, and maybe even have some fun with your buds. So if you're at 4-5 cords a year, you'd have a good leg up on a following winter.

My buddy just got a nice mixed load truck of approx. 7 cords @ $450.00 Nice wood to, maple, beech, oak, pin oak, ash and black birch, all rounds are pretty much at 22", not to big and not to small.
The company is Pine hill tree service in Mahwa NJ (close to the NY state boarder)

Status
Not open for further replies.