Load of logs showed up today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere10

Nov 5, 2009
Upstate N.Y
Showed up at 8am for me today. Load of Hard Maple,Cherry,Hickory,and Ash. Wood for 2012-2013. Should end up approx 10-12 cord.

Attachments

• new 105.jpg
    new 105.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,331
That's awesome! Only thing better on that many wheels is the Molson delivery truck! Cheer!

Deere10 said:
Showed up at 8am for me today. Load of Hard Maple,Cherry,Hickory,and Ash. Wood for 2012-2013. Should end up approx 10-12 cord.

Deere10 it looks like a good load of clean logs, should keep you busy for a while.

Zap

Nice load. Looks like the 455 Rancher is in for a workout.
Would you be able to rent a bigger 65 or 70cc saw for a day? That would really put a dent in the log pile and save some run time on the 455. Just a thought.
Cheers.

there are a few logs in there I will have to put the 20 in bar on. But everything else wont be to bad. Put a small dent in today w my sons help.But I have all week as I am on vacation from work.

Deere10 said:
there are a few logs in there I will have to put the 20 in bar on. But everything else wont be to bad. Put a small dent in today w my sons help.But I have all week as I am on vacation from work.

That is a fine load of logs and it would be fun to tackle the job of cutting. However, I don't see anything there that would require a 20" bar.

NH_Wood said:
That's awesome! Only thing better on that many wheels is the Molson delivery truck! Cheer!

LOL +100

Backwoods Savage said:
Deere10 said:

That is a fine load of logs and it would be fun to tackle the job of cutting. However, I don't see anything there that would require a 20" bar.

1st trailer pup 3 logs up and 3 over Sav. A few doozies in there.

I paid $800. There are about 4 logs in there that need the attention of the 20 in bar.Yes they could be done w the 16 thats on there now. Just easier to put on the 20 and make a single cut.No splitting yet. I block it all then,haul and split it up.By the end of the week I hope to have it all done,if the weather cooperates with me.

I sometimes think that getting a load of wood like this would be a dream . . . dropped off right to my door . . . neat stack . . . no dealing with dropping the tree wrong, hanging a tree hung up, branches, stumbling through the undergrowth, etc. . . . but then I realize that right now I'm just too cheap to buy a load of wood . . . some day though. Good looking truck load of wood.

Tansao said:
How does one acquire a delivery load of logs such as this? Is it regional only or is this sort of thing available all over?

/salivating

Around here it's pretty easy . . . just get in touch with a wood cutter or truck operator that hauls for the woodcutters . . . find out the price and make the arrangements.

Tansao said:
How does one acquire a delivery load of logs such as this? Is it regional only or is this sort of thing available all over?

I think the normal size of a load is regional, but log length is available all over. I got a grapple load last month from Marquis Tree service in Burlington/Billerica -
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/mat/2287632792.html

For delivery in Worcester I might try Godin Land Clearing from Spencer?
http://www.logsplitters.com/MA.htm

or just call a bunch of tree services and ask. I don't know how much asian longhorn beetle complicates things in Worcester...

Quite a few guys on here who get log loads, myself included.
Like a lot of others, the first loads of c/s/d stuff I got (almost 5 years ago) was, shall we say,....less than optimal. Lesson learned, so log loads here we come. Half the price, but you gotta' do the work.
Deere10, if you get 12 cord out of that, sweet deal. Heck, even if you only get 10, it's still pretty good.
Some pics of your progress would be nice. ;-)
I also LOVE that you're planning ahead, and have the resources to do it.

north of 60 said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Deere10 said:

1st trailer pup 3 logs up and 3 over Sav. A few doozies in there.

Good sized for sure but don't think it would pose a problem. Yes, you have to cut a little different but it can be done.

Hi my name is Kyle and I'm new to this site. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I could get a grapple load delivered to my house in the New Bedford Mass area. If anybody knows somebody I can contact please let me know. My father and I have a firewood business and we're looking for someone to supply us with logs.

Nice load of logs deere. I think the general consensus is it should be all c/s/s by 1-6-12! Looking foward to pics. :)

Im a forester and know how and who to contact to get wood delivered, but my question is how did you unload it? Do you have a bobcat with forks or your own loader, trackhoe?

kyle748 said:
Hi my name is Kyle and I'm new to this site. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I could get a grapple load delivered to my house in the New Bedford Mass area. If anybody knows somebody I can contact please let me know. My father and I have a firewood business and we're looking for someone to supply us with logs.

Welcome to the forum Kyle. Do you have any sawmills in your area? That would be the first place I'd check. Or if you happen to see a log truck at a gas station fueling up, stop and ask right then.

kyle748 said:

there was someone advertising on craigslist last Spring

maybe someone at Delano's sawmill in Dartmouth could give you some names or numbers

clemsonfor said:
Im a forester and know how and who to contact to get wood delivered, but my question is how did you unload it? Do you have a bobcat with forks or your own loader, trackhoe?

Looks to me that there is a knucle boom loader in center of trailer. Not sure, little hard to tell from that angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.