Loaded 2 Envi Bricks In A Coal Bed, And Counting....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Here's the test..taking pics, will upload.

Loaded them when the stove was at 350F (Heaven forbid there be a case of "The Curse Of BB With Envi Bricks" :)

The house is at 72 F, going down to -10 or so this evening here in Icey Hollow.

Snow storm on the way for me, currently -4c with a wind chill of -10c. 25c in the house, mixing some Balsam Fir in with the White Birch seems to be doing the trick. Used some enviro type bricks last year and they work well in a pinch. Kinda like heating with pellets, but not wimpy like pellets, lol.

OK, so the desk top needs some ER time, damn it.

I have to get the USB cable to load the pics from the Rebel to the lap top.

An way, an update.

I loaded the with the house at 72 F, with it being 10 F outside. Decent 2 - 3" coal bed.

With in 5 minutes, shut it down 1/2 way ( I took notes :) ) !/2 hour down to 3/4. The house is now at 74 F. With in a hour (shoulda been sooner) air was cut back all the way. PE @ 750 F, and cruising. Through the Jets game ( :red: )

As I only got a 3 pack from a friend for trial purposes, I gotta say loading 2 of them on a good coal bed worked well. Once the temp on the stove went down to 400 F, I added some small (like 1/2 a split) splits and reloaded at 11:30 PM.

The other brick went into the NC 13 last night, heated the lower level really well, and the Dixette is on board.

I'll work on those pics. It was a pretty impressive show for about 3 hours.

I have about 10 of those things, I think tonight will be the night to throw one in. Thanks for reminding me I had them. Bought them a few weeks ago and totally forgot about them. Nothing like 11 degrees to bring out the Good Stuff.

At -10 degrees I would be pulling out the Makers Mark.

BeGreen said:
At -10 degrees I would be pulling out the Makers Mark.

Much agreed...

Status
Not open for further replies.