Loaded Up Yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbeech

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2011
Southern IN
Well, all that "Easy Work" I did the other day led me to loading up yesterday. You can't see my house, but the shot looking back over the pond, I'm just over that hill to the right. So close, great views, wonderful weather - next year will be great. I ended up loading about a cord and a half and there is still at least that and another face cord left.

Can't believe how much wood we split in just a few hours with the rented splitter. Amazing how a little pile of wood ends up being quite a bit when stacked!

Hope next years wood supply will be enough. BTW, it is my neighbors land and I'm dropping off some wood to him too. He's got a fireplace, so I give him the stuff that I would have to squeeze into my Jotul 118. 3 more trees are already down too - lots of work to do.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 397
Nice pictures.
Where's the snow? Is that liquid water in the pond?

that pond was solid a couple weeks ago I bet.

good job

haven't had snow in a few weeks and the pond actually has shed all of the ice. Yes, it was solid a few weeks ago though. Rain rain today - rest of that wood will sit for a few days.

Brian, that looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.