Loading the wood hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestcoast

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2009
NW Indiana
The power went out at my office this afternoon & I was able to get home in time to put another tank of gas through the Husky cutting up some log length that was dropped off last week.
There are a few good sized logs in there, so yesterday I slapped together a loading ramp for the little yellow wagon out of scrap. It worked pretty good loading the bigger rounds allowing me tho transfer them whole & get them away from the street where they might disappear.
Note, the front round must be loaded first to keep the nose down while rolling a bigger round up ;)

I might be the only dude with a loading ramp on a garden cart, but hey, beats bustin' a nut!

Attachments

• Cart ramp 003.jpg
    Cart ramp 003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Cart ramp 002.jpg
    Cart ramp 002.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 166
Good ole "american ingenuity" :)
Love it

Definitely rollers when rounds are that big ;)
(or you are like Scotty a mini fork lift LOL :) )

Haha!

I meant to get some photos today before leaving the wood pile but it got dark too fast. Have about 3 cords on my trailer.

I like it. If I can't lift 'em in, I'm limited to 1 round @ a time in my cart. I dump the box, roll the round in, and then pivot the box back to the tongue. Gonna have to buy/build me a better trailer/cart for "local" scrounging if the current trend for 24"+ Oak continues.

It works!

Nice ramp. I like this method much better though.
DSCN2410.JPG

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to have one all the time Steve?

It would be nice. That was the second time I have logs loaded on my truck by a machine..in my life! Not a regular occurrence by any means.

Yeah, I'd have to heat with wood for a hundred years to "save money" if I bought one of those! They are fun though. Got to operate one a couple months back with a brush cat clearing vegetation and dig 5 foot holes with an auger.

Status
Not open for further replies.