Local Boiler Suppliers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killick

Oct 28, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi;Just joined this forum as I am considering switching from a standard wood boiler with oil backup to a wood gassification unit. We are heating a 10 year old 1 1/2 storey house insulated to R-20 exterior walls and R-28 to 40 for the ceilings. Located in Nova Scotia on the East Coast of Canada. I am having difficulty locating suppliers in the province for wood gassification units and was wondering if anyone would have some leads.
Thanks in advance.

Earl

Hey E.W. good to see a neighbor on the site. I have an Econoburn 150 installed and am very happy with it.

E.W. here is the local dealer for BioHeat USA. I've spoken with him over the phone but not purchased anything from him so I can't vouch for his knowledge of the products.

GREENLAW CONSTRUCTION AND SUPPLY, LTD.
Dale Jollymore
10783 Highway # 1
P.O. Box 56
Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia B0S 1M0
(902) 584-3011
[email protected]
greenlawconstruction.com

These are the prices he gave me in USD.
froling 2030 10000$
4050 11000$

Tarm solo 30- $7800
50- $9000

All prices would have the following added
700$ freight
6% duty.

If you are interested in ordering soon from Bio Heat or New Horizon or Econoburn let me know and maybe we can save a bit on shipping.

Thanks for the info.
wantstoburnwood, where did you purchase your Econoburn?
churchillrow, I'm just doing the research now but hope to be able to replace my existing system by next spring. Fortunately, the way I'm set up now with a New York Boiler Co. wood boiler and an oil boiler located in an outbuilding with the water piped into the house it shouldn't be too difficult to hook up a gasification boiler. I'm thinking of storage capacity around 800-1000 gallons to run the gasification unit efficiently. My present wood boiler is basically a box with a chimney and eats a lot of wood.
Also, I just received some info from BioHeat USA and they have a rep in Weymouth. Leaky Lou's Plumbing & Heating, 902-837-5551. They deal in froling and Tarm. The fellow in Lawrencetown would be a bit closer to me.
What I would really like to find is a gasification boiler that is produced here in Canada. Atlantic Gardens, near Halifax, has installed a pellet boiler produced in Manitoba but that is industrial size....
Thanks again, keep it coming.

Earl

I purchased my boiler direct. Picked it up in Maine to save about 800 in shipping. Give dwayne a call at econoburn . I have found the support really great from the factory. My parents had a new yorker years ago , it did burn lots of wood. With a gasssifier there is no smoke from your chimney

Thanks wantstoburn.. How many square feet are you heating? Also, how much wood are you burning? Any issues with the Ecoburn?

Earl

Thanks for the link.You looking at a propane tank?What size would you be considering?The price seems reasonable.Oh,when are you thinking of buying your gasification boiler?

Earl

I heat 2700 sq. ft. plus a 24 x 28 garage . 6 cords of maple is what I burnt last year. There was a couple of small things that had to be worked out to do with the settings and Dale Furman was just a complete prince when it came to solving the problem. He even gave me his cell number. What part of Nova Scotia do you live?

I'm on the South Shore near Mahone Bay,
about an hour from Halifax. We have around 2700 sq. ft. also,no garage and between the wood stove and the boiler are burning over 10 cord of hardwood a year plus some oil.It would be great to be able to get the amount of wood down some.Good to hear the Ecoburn is working out well.Winters on the Island can be long and cold.Also,are you doing a water storage system?

Earl

E .W. I have a oil burner boiler manufactured in Springhill ,Nova Scotia Benjamin Heating Products They work with Homesteader outside wood boilers in Manitoba. Good product from I have expieranced. Maybe they will be working on a wood gasification unit. Wouldn't hurt to call since it is a local call :)

Yes,Benjamin makes a combination wood/oil boiler but it's not a gasification unit.Contacting them about future plans is a good idea though.I'll give them a call.

Earl

E.W. said:
Thanks for the link.You looking at a propane tank?What size would you be considering?The price seems reasonable.Oh,when are you thinking of buying your gasification boiler?

Earl

I'm thinking about two 500 Gal. Tanks. I'd like to buy my boiler in the next month.

Augie

Augie,let me know what you get and how it works out if you don't mind.I would like to be able to take advantage of the tax credit but realistically won't be buying until next year.It's too close to winter to take the existing boiler system out and try and get a new system up and running.

Earl

wantsto...,how do you find the operation with no water storage?What is your firing schedule?I hope you don't mind the questions but I am trying to get a handle on what is the best system.

Earl

The operation is good but I have to light it mostly in the morning and evening. I don't load it up so it smolders all day. I just light it in the evening especially and in an hour it is all good and warm in here. Last spring I installed a timer on the blower so it can be set to shut off when the load of wood is all burned out with the circulator pumps still running. If you would find it easier to ask give me a call . I will pm you my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.