Local Fish Wrapper has Hearth.com in it!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mralias

Minister of Fire
Apr 29, 2008
MA
Wood pellets, manufactured to be burned more easily than logs in wood stoves and furnaces, were selling for as little as $220 a ton last summer. This year, with more customers seeking to shift at least some of their heating needs to wood, area dealers are quoting prices in the $255 to $290 range, according to the Web site www.hearth.com.

Here is the link for full article. Linky Poo

I guess they need a little accuracy on their figures:
"Pellet stoves typically cost $800 to $1,500 to install and pellet-fired central heating furnaces range from $3,000 to $6,000, Strom said."

Since that is the only mention of prices, it surely reads like a homeowner can get a pellet stove installed for that price! Sticker shock is gonna set in when they go see the Quad for $3K.

The Sun was never known for its accuracy.

So your Charile or Mr. Harman?????

Sales took off after hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. Homeowners snapped up stoves to soften the blow of soaring prices for heating oil, according to Craig Issod, publisher of Hearth.com, an online publication for the industry.

Harman Stove focused on pellet stoves, a niche in which sales nearly doubled between 2004 and 2006, Issod said.

"They put all their eggs in that basket," he said.

Harman Stove broke ground on a new manufacturing plant in 2006. The company was planning to more than double its then-workforce of 270 people.

But in 2007, sales plunged due to falling oil prices, a mild winter and rising costs for pellets. Nationwide, consumers last year bought roughly 54,000 pellet stoves, down from a peak of more than 133,000 in 2006, according to the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association, an industry trade group in Arlington, Va.

Harman Stove never built the new plant, but it did build a new warehouse.

Ironically, sales are booming again, given warnings that heating oil this winter could cost more than $4.50 a gallon.

"Harman right now is probably in the No. 1 position of any other manufacturer in the business," Issod said. "They are sold out of every decent appliance they have."

Ahhhh sorry missed that part the first three times I read it. I hate having to wear my glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.