Local HD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckster

Burning Hunk
Jan 21, 2012
Sussex County NJ
Aha!Local HD just got a new shipment of Stove Chow in. Picked up a ton at $3.92 a bag. Total $196.00. So far they have kept the same price all season. Three tons on hand now all Stove Chow which I really like. Not only for the price but for the way it burns.:)

wish we were getting more here,.... all we have is GS's

wish we were getting more here,.... all we have is GS's
Have you checked the Newburgh store. They had SC last time I was there about 2 weeks ago......I'd guess they had 15-20 tons then.

Have you checked the Newburgh store. They had SC last time I was there about 2 weeks ago......I'd guess they had 15-20 tons then.
Really? ,.. might have to check that out,.. thanx

Really? ,.. might have to check that out,.. thanx
They may be gone by now.....who knows. I haven't been back since. You might want to call and ask what brands they still have. I know they DO have pellets, as I can see them from the road, but hope they're not the nasty GS they were also selling.

yea,.. Pok and Wapp both have plenty of GS's,...But Id rather have another 1/2 ton of SC to finish me up for the yr.

yea,.. Pok and Wapp both have plenty of GS's,...But Id rather have another 1/2 ton of SC to finish me up for the yr.
Shaw, did you find a buyer for the Sets? if not, I am interested;ex

Funny that your HD is selling out the Stove Chows, mine has 10 tons in stock that they can't sell because people want the Fireside Ultras (I picked up a ton of Firesides this weekend). I have had no luck burning the Stove Chows.

Shaw, did you find a buyer for the Sets? if not, I am interested;ex
I have 2- 1/2 ton left,... sure I'll sell you a ton.

Funny that your HD is selling out the Stove Chows, mine has 10 tons in stock that they can't sell because people want the Fireside Ultras (I picked up a ton of Firesides this weekend). I have had no luck burning the Stove Chows.
Basically there is really no difference in the 2, and burning both all winter

I have 2- 1/2 ton left,... sure I'll sell you a ton.
OK, I only have a small chevy s10, let me see if I can get my buddys one ton. how much$$

I just want what I paid, 209 a ton, if you want to use your s-10, we can do 25 bags @ $100

I just want what I paid, 209 a ton, if you want to use your s-10, we can do 25 bags @ $100
Ok, I will do the 25 for 100. are u available this weekend? my cell is eight 4 five, 54 nine, six three eight two.

Ok, I will do the 25 for 100. are u available this weekend? my cell is eight 4 five, 54 nine, six three eight two.
PM sent.

dang...when I clicked on the google map link under Shaw's avatar I got sent to modena Italy...does the s10 have pontoons?

With temps in the 40s, the GS have been no problem and easy to get. I did find a few tons of FSU in nearby MA, but it is not worth the trip when the local HD has the GS near by. Would love to shag two tons of SC...burn one till the end of the season this year and have them for shoulder season in October... Feel the need to grab two tons right now as the fuel prices are going to the moon and the $209 HD pellets could quickly go to $229 or higher... Maybe should grab the FSUs and be done with it for this year.

If I were you I'd grab those FSU's.I've seen nothing but Green Supremes and Infernals around here.Would love to get a few tons of Stove chow or FSU's for next year.You are an official pig after all.;lol

I just picked up a ton of FSU's in Salem, NH today. They had about 20 tons in the lot that were delivered on 2/28. I also saw one ton labelled Stove Chow but they haven'y had that all year, that I've seen. I wonder if it was mislabelled? It was written on the plastic with magic marker. I asked the lady at the service counter about the Stove Chow and she said they haven't had any all year and only had FSU's. The FSU's were $209/T and I used a Lowe's discount card that would expire tomorrow and saved $25 on a $250 purchase. I needed a couple odds and ends so my total was a little over $250 before my discount. Lowe's had Green Team's for $275/T. If I was going to pay that much, I'd buy a better pellet.

They may be gone by now.....who knows. I haven't been back since. You might want to call and ask what brands they still have. I know they DO have pellets, as I can see them from the road, but hope they're not the nasty GS they were also selling.

You have to eyeball them, only took me a thousand trips and calls to figure it out.

I just picked up a ton of FSU's in Salem, NH today. They had about 20 tons in the lot that were delivered on 2/28. I also saw one ton labelled Stove Chow but they haven'y had that all year, that I've seen. I wonder if it was mislabelled? It was written on the plastic with magic marker. I asked the lady at the service counter about the Stove Chow and she said they haven't had any all year and only had FSU's. The FSU's were $209/T and I used a Lowe's discount card that would expire tomorrow and saved $25 on a $250 purchase. I needed a couple odds and ends so my total was a little over $250 before my discount. Lowe's had Green Team's for $275/T. If I was going to pay that much, I'd buy a better pellet.

Yup greene teams were a good value, $ vs. performance... But with the new price point they are a 30 pack $$$$ shy of some primo fuel..

Status
Not open for further replies.