Local supply suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2011
Southern CT
I was at my local TSC yesterday. They have Green Supreme and Instant Heat at $214/ton. I have been doing some searching on here and seem that each year different brands have different results.

Anyone have any input for this season yet. I did buy a few of each, will get them in tonight. I have been using some Stove Chow from Lowes so far

I've only been burning Okies and Turmans so far, and both have been great!

Have you considered shopping local vendors rather than big box? You pay more, but the money stays local, etc.

I've burned a couple bags of the Green Supremes from Lowes this year. The heat was decent with some ash. I'm kind of new to pellet burning but the amount of ash didn't seem all that bad. I wouldn't use them for the cold cold nights but a decent pellet for shoulder season, especially for the price.

hotdawg said:
I've burned a couple bags of the Green Supremes from Lowes this year. The heat was decent with some ash. I'm kind of new to pellet burning but the amount of ash didn't seem all that bad. I wouldn't use them for the cold cold nights but a decent pellet for shoulder season, especially for the price.

Agree

Oink Oink said:
hotdawg said:

Agree

Thus far I've only tried three brands...To put it bluntly, Green Supreme's suck in my stove!!

Instant Heat from TSC this year leaves massive clinkers in my pot. Green Supreme from TSC burns fine. Not the hotest, but burns cleanly enough.

watersupply851 said:
Local to me is my True Value hardware. Green label Lignetics at $359/ton!!

Holy crap! Way too expensive! Don't walk, "RUN" away from that deal. There are many places to get fuel in CT. Most aren't that expensive. Do some digging, There has to be a more reasonable priced dealer somewhere.

Check this site and select CT. Good list of retailers and maybe someone close to you has a better deal!

http://www.woodpelletprice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

I purchased Lignetics Green label all hard wood at the local Tractor Supply here in northern Mass for $214. They are a good batch because there is very low ash and almost zero fines. They seen to burn at least as hot as the okies I bought in Sept and the Cubex I had left over from last winter. They also have Green Supreme at that price and they guy working there said he uses those and likes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.