Locked and Loaded.. umm, more like Stacked and Loaded.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Took awhile to finally get the old closet in the basement cleaned out. Then even longer to get my 5 tons of Lignetic's Presto Logs in it. But its done. Tall stack is 15 rows high, stacked the same way they come. Long stack is 10 high with 17 per stack. I burned 5 bags, one from each ton just to make sure they were somewhat the same. Its hard not to burn them, but I have some Somersets and AWF's left. Now I just have to convince the wife, that we need more. The price of pellets are only gonna go up. Here is to hoping I can convince her..

Attachments

• Converted%20Pellet%20crib%203.jpg
    Converted%20Pellet%20crib%203.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 453
  • Converted%20Pellet%20crib.jpg
    Converted%20Pellet%20crib.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 440
  • Converted%20Pellet%20crib%202.jpg
    Converted%20Pellet%20crib%202.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 472
5 Tons...uh, that's a lot more that I have in store. In fact, I don't even have a single bag left. Just I'll have to make a trip to town tomorrow .

you can not have too many pellets
price is only going to go up
luckily I have a warehouse to store them in
bought 22 tons last year and I am
going to watch the prices and might by another
trailer load this summer
I burn 4 tons a year so I am ahead of the curve

Ironpony, I have a 30 x 40 barn in the back that's doing nothing. Looks similar to the inside of yours (or what I can see in your Avatar). Would love to be able to "Stuff" it full.

my biggest concern right now is that
I hope my old Harman lasts long enough to burn it all
seems like it will
new stoves are expensive

ironpony said:
my biggest concern right now is that
I hope my old Harman lasts long enough to burn it all
seems like it will
new stoves are expensive

There is still a flood of used stoves about. But your Harman should last with some TLC. Hey you could always haul them over to my house!, I'll help ya burn em. :) hehe.

That's really nice of you to offer that Jay. But I'm gonna have to decline. LOL... Think I can get at least another 1.5 tons on top of the short long stack. Called around and found those Allegheny's. Think I'm gonna make a road trip tomorrow and buy a few bags. From what I've read its not a bad pellet (you also said there pretty good). And at $215/ ton. Might have to grab one if the stove likes'em..

DexterDay said:
Called around and found those Allegheny's. Think I'm gonna make a road trip tomorrow and buy a few bags. From what I've read its not a bad pellet (you also said there pretty good). And at $215/ ton. Might have to grab one if the stove likes'em..

I have been told I know crap about pellets, So don't take my word on it. $215/ton does sound like a good deal to me, Nearest dealer wants $280/ton my way.

"my biggest concern right now is that I hope my old Harman lasts long enough to burn it all'"

My vintage 1988 Whitfield stove is running well but today I decided to move a nearby $3.00 yard-sale fan to the back of the stove. It's blowing cool air into the rear components area (I left the back panel off last time I got into it) so maybe it will preserve the lifespan of the electronics and motors by prevent them from being degraded by heat (which I assume is something that happens with time since the owners manual says so).

Status
Not open for further replies.