Locking file handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
A buddy of mine showed me a file handle that locks in the file with a twist of the handle. It is orange and shows angles on the end. Anyone know where I can get some of these or who they are made by

oilstinks said:
A buddy of mine showed me a file handle that locks in the file with a twist of the handle. It is orange and shows angles on the end. Anyone know where I can get some of these or who they are made by
should find them at any stihl dealer

Never seen them at any store around here. The only sthil dealers around here are hardware stores ACE in particular. Anyone wanna send me 2 or 3?

oilstinks said:
Never seen them at any store around here. The only sthil dealers around here are hardware stores ACE in particular. Anyone wanna send me 2 or 3?
yea i will send you a couple pm your address!

I haven't seen one that locks by screwing the file into it, but I've got a couple that are made by Husky, which I got at the local True Value dealer in his saw department (which includes Husky's and Stihls, among others) They are made from some sort of poly-plastic, and have an outer skeleton section and an inner section that is attached at the end opposite the file - you have to flex the two sections (takes a bit of effort) to line up the holes in the two sections that you stick the file into, then the tension holds it in place - The sides next to the file are beveled, 25* on one side, 30* on the other. If the handle hits flat on the bevel when you run the handle into the bar you are holding the file right.

I think they were about $3 or $4 each, and work really well

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.