Lockout??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colbyc

Dec 17, 2008
long island
Just woke up to the oil burner not working. I don't know anything about oil burners and am waiting for a technician to call me back. But a green light is blinking on the motor. It says it is lockout. I got oil last night. I tried resetting it to no luck. Can someone tell me what this lockout means and could it be due to the oil I got last night? I only needed 130 gallsons so the tank was not empty.

Lock-out means the oil burner tried to kick on but went off on safety, it didn't see a flame (cad cell)
It's possible that the oil fill you just received churned up some impurities in the oil tank that clogged your nozzel. Next time when you get an oil delivery, turn off the boiler for 5 hours or so to let the tank settle.

Usually under the cover where the reset switch is are the instructions for resetting after lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.