Locust Score...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuneighty

Burning Hunk
Oct 11, 2012
SC PA
Scored 4 loads of this on Sunday with the help of a few friends. C/S/S it was a bit over 1 cord. This was all dropped off at my good friends house who lost her husband last year. I am teaching her of being ahead and will incorporate her 3 cords per year into my requirements to make sure her and her kids can stay warm for the winter.

This is one of the smaller loads...

The owner wants all of it taken down. Its free game at this point and their is a skidder on site from a gentleman I met who has an OWB. He said if we help he will skid and we can share....Going back for more this weekend.
Not me in the video but this was the last one we did, started getting too windy and the saws were dropping like flies. (Clutch on the poulan, Husky had some issues a bit after this yet to be known, and the stihl we had on sight had to leave early.)

Attachments

• IMG_20130120_112419.jpg
    IMG_20130120_112419.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'm sorry for your friend's loss and glad she has you as a friend. Good on you.

Nice of you to look after her and the children.
Locust is great wood that I find burns even better with some other kind in the
stove with it.

Good for you on helping her out. Always happy to hear that.

You might suggest to your friend that he sharpen his saw a bit!

A slight angle to his cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.