locust score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
here are some serious btu's for this winter........ill split the big stuff...but the mid size rounds will be for those long winter nights for banking the stove of a night

2011-09-06190832.gif

Nice wood pile! Looks like you have some Poplar in there too..

Ray

no polar...a few sticks of maple in there

Sweet score.

my neighbor 3 doors down had 10 locust trees and 2 cherry trees get uprooted from the rain. the locust rounds are 24 to 30 inches around and are about 80 feet long. really nice wood but sad to see such majestic trees fall victim to the weather/rain.

bsticks

How big in diameter are the Rounds that you didnt split??? That stuff looks HUGE. Is this pic after you "Split the big stuff?" or before. I see split wood and I also see Logs that appear to be 8"-11" in diameter. I stop about 6".. Over 6" I split it. Just seems like it would take to long to Season if it didnt have a "Face" to release moisture.

Looks great.......

steeltowninwv said:
here are some serious btu's for this winter.......

Nice score but for this winter? Locust might season fast but not 2 months fast!

no i havent split much in the picture...yeah about 6 inches or 7 ...the rest will be split..yeah for this winter..it was a dead standing locust pretty dry already..by january it should be right

Status
Not open for further replies.