Locust?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
image.jpeg image.jpeg Thought for sure this was black locust when out scrounging....now I am not sure. What do you all think?

I'm not too familiar with Honeylocust, but it ain't Black Locust. End grain almost looks Ash-y. Green Ash, maybe??

I see ash in the pictures above.

I say ash too.

Looks like our Ct ash.

Thanks for the replies. I'm seeing ash now myself.

My first thought was ash as well. Lucust has a greenish tint when split

Not locust . . . looks more like ash.

Man you guys are good.

That's like telling what year a Volkswagen Beetle is just by looking at it.

Being the new guy I have to sneak onto Google and type in Midwest USA Foliage/ Trees,
then come back here feeling all educated n' stuff about species ID.
(That DOES explain why I haven't asked a species here tho.)

That'll change now as I can do pics and I'm feeling more like a regular on the site now.
Cheeeeeeeeeeeap

I'da actually guessed ash (but not the sub species) as EAB has donated 70% of my scrounge.
That interior color change at about 10-12 years old years woulda thrown me off a bit looking at the end of the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.