Log ID...Round Deux!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacffin

Minister of Fire
:)

Well it is a new year...right? What do you guys see in there this time? Looks like mostly oak and maple to me. This is mostly stuff from Sandy.

The last load got me there. This one will get me ahead for sure.
I got this bug bad man :)

Thanks,
Bruce

Attachments

• DSCN3587d2.jpg
    DSCN3587d2.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN3588d2r.jpg
    DSCN3588d2r.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN3589d2r.jpg
    DSCN3589d2r.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: TimJ and albert1029
I see long trunk sections with not nearly close enough pics to distinguish variety by bark.:p

Reactions: Shane N
Yea, me too! I will get better pics posted.

Red Oak, Hard Maple and at least one stick of Soft Maple

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I see two red oak logs on the right
Loooks like maple on the left
And you might have a narrower hickory stick on top

Sorry, I'm just not that good from that distance. I would need closer pictures, but I think I see one soft, maybe silver, maple.

Here are some better pictures.

Thanks Again,
Bruce

Attachments

• DSCN3590d2r.jpg
    DSCN3590d2r.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN3591d2r.jpg
    DSCN3591d2r.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN3592d2r.jpg
    DSCN3592d2r.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN3593d2r.jpg
    DSCN3593d2r.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN3594d2r.jpg
    DSCN3594d2r.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN3595d2r.jpg
    DSCN3595d2r.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN3596d2r.jpg
    DSCN3596d2r.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN3597d2r.jpg
    DSCN3597d2r.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: albert1029
I see red oak & maple
Nice load :)

How much of it is CSS ? or are you still taking pictures & admiring it all LOL :) :)

Gonna fell mighty good to be a few years ahead ;)

Reactions: Dairyman
I see a lot of FUN! I love processing stuff like that. But also a blast to drop a tree.

I see mostly red and norway maple, looks like possibly a cherry log or two also. Good stuff for the shoulder season and for daytime burns...

Add birch and Ash.

I see red oak & maple
Nice load :)

How much of it is CSS ? or are you still taking pictures & admiring it all LOL :) :)

Gonna fell mighty good to be a few years ahead ;)

Ha! Still admiring :) !!

I see a lot of FUN! I love processing stuff like that. But also a blast to drop a tree.

Yes, fun! The only trees I drop are pine.

Add birch and Ash.

I see the birch but not the ash. I did ask him for some but he said he didn't have much of that. I think there is a small hickory on the bottom also.

I shouldn't have to post so many id's like last time. You guys educated me pretty good:). I'll be knocking if I get stuck though. ;) I will be cutting this up at my leasure. I still have 6 oak logs to split from the last load. Looks like I will end up with about 8 cord from that delivery. This load looks a little lighter, maybe 6 cord.

Thanks,
~Bruce

Reactions: ScotO
I see mostly red and norway maple, looks like possibly a cherry log or two also. Good stuff for the shoulder season and for daytime burns...

No cherry in there. I hope there is more hard maple than soft.

No cherry in there. I hope there is more hard maple than soft.
I'm thinking it's red maple and Norway. But that Norway is almost as good as hard maple.......has long burn times, great overnighter firewood.

I didn't see any sugar maple in your pile......:(

The only thing I want to know is what kind of fence are you going to make with the splits :)

New business, Cord Wood Fence Company :). I like it!

I'm thinking it's red maple and Norway. But that Norway is almost as good as hard maple.......has long burn times, great overnighter firewood.

I didn't see any sugar maple in your pile......:(

Nope, no sugar maple. I hear ya....

The kids are setting up paint ball games using the stacks for cover.....good greif!

Status
Not open for further replies.