Log kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enviro Meridian. Customer says that they cannot get the stove to light unless they put one of the pieces of the decorative log set into the burnpot. Is it ok to do that? I say it maybe alright to do that but those are for decoration and not supposed to be burned. She says, she knows that but if she doesn't put the piece in there then the burn pot overflows and falls into the ash pan. Also, the high limit switch keeps tripping...and I need to come out as soon as possible.

She has been using the burnpot in backwards.

dam Scott, you always find the "good" ones..... :p

I say she is creative and is supporting the local economy. :)

Enviro Meridian. Customer says that they cannot get the stove to light unless they put one of the pieces of the decorative log set into the burnpot. Is it ok to do that? I say it maybe alright to do that but those are for decoration and not supposed to be burned. She says, she knows that but if she doesn't put the piece in there then the burn pot overflows and falls into the ash pan. Also, the high limit switch keeps tripping...and I need to come out as soon as possible.

Hi Scott
I would put the burnpot in correctly and check the airflow and ohm out the ignitor.
If the air restrictor on the left side is in too much it would cause this problem.

On the High Limit switch, I would check to see if it trips at 250 Deg F. It is a 200 or 225 Deg F trip, I would swap it out. It is usually marked but you may have to remove it to see the marking.

dealer's fault.....they didnt tell her NOT to do that!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Hey Don is there some reason you keep adding to old posts when the problem was taken care of?

Hey Don is there some reason you keep adding to old posts when the problem was taken care of?

We do use this forum to look up answers. This is how I found the post. I do like to add solutions sometimes like in this case where I am sure the problem was resolved but not posted. So adding the info I did may really help someone with a vista flame, meridian or regency in the future where they are a very common stove.

if i get there and see a burn pot in backwards i usually turn it around and then try and start the stove, if it works....why on earth would i run a draft test and ohms test? :confused:

If turning the burn pot around makes it work that's great, if not then checking the ignitor and draft would be the next step. The original problem is not getting the stove to light. A pellet stove needs air and heat to create a fire and light up, so checking the draft and ignitor would be the proper test.
If the ignitor is bad it be an open circuit up so you would not read approx 50 ohms on a Volt Ohm Meter. That is what is meant by an ohms test. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.