log length fire wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhilb

Nov 19, 2008
cape cod ma
I'm looking for an outlet for log length fire wood. I live on cape cod in mass and would need it to
be delivered. i've looked on line and haven't had much luck. i'm not the best at surfing the net.
i'm looking for hardwoods. any help? michael

By log length do you mean tree length or cord length in the round. I made the mistake of buying tree length once. There are a lot more spaces between the logs so you might get less wood per cord. I now order mine cord length (cut to 8 foot) with a mix of diameters.

Look for truck scales and ask them for a referral. They know all the loggers.

check you local yellow pages for tree services and start calling them and ask them if they sell LL

http://www.google.com/search?q=tree...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS265US265

i found a new tree guy who dropped off Log Length last weekend - i suspect it's 6 cord worth for $400.00 - albeit some of the stuff is HUGE ie 2 + feet in diameter but i have a good saw and use of a nice splitter

also its getting harder and harder to come by log length these days because there are no new houses being build (land cleared) and no new roads and with cut/split/ delivered selling for in excess of 300.00 a cord in mass i suspect these guys are doing that instead of selling logs

in any event - good luck!

Stevebass4 said:
check you local yellow pages for tree services and start calling them and ask them if they sell LL

http://www.google.com/search?q=tree...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS265US265

i found a new tree guy who dropped off Log Length last weekend - i suspect it's 6 cord worth for $400.00 - albeit some of the stuff is HUGE ie 2 + feet in diameter but i have a good saw and use of a nice splitter

also its getting harder and harder to come by log length these days because there are no new houses being build (land cleared) and no new roads and with cut/split/ delivered selling for in excess of 300.00 a cord in mass i suspect these guys are doing that instead of selling logs

in any event - good luck!

this is what i did it works however i also asked then to cut it 16-18 inches everytime they are in my neighborhood they drop it off for 60 a cord or 120 truckload which 6ft x 11 ft bed with 5 ft walls
i'd rather pay that than a truck for 4-$700 and then do ALL the work
so try tree companies ^^^^^^^^^^^ like he said but also ask prices for smaller loads ... with todays economy there aren't a lotta lot clearing going on ... so for me anyways its better to get it load by load
and when you get in good with them they hook you up i am getting a delivery for free as he hasw to much wood?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
imagine that .. and also because he is 2 houses down on ajob.....mmmmmm more red oak

Status
Not open for further replies.