Log Length in Western MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2879

Nov 8, 2010
Western MA
I am looking to get 2 or 3 cord of log length delivered in a few weeks. Does anyone know of anybody in the Western MA / Westfield MA area that delivers logs? What is the going rate? i was thinking somewhere around $75-100 per cord.
Thanks,

If the sellers are honest its approximately 100.00 per cord. Depending on the business they are in they may add more logs to the truck than what you purchase. But mostly you have to watch out for paying 150.00 per cord. Its pretty easy to have happen.
The danger zone. You can buy already processed splits from the same people for 150.00 to 180.00 per cord.
You want an honest load of wood.
Contact the state and look for a logging association or registry. DEC
If you arent familiar with tree species or volume measurements, you are better off buying split wood in volume.(4+ cords)

I am looking to get 2 or 3 cord of log length delivered in a few weeks. Does anyone know of anybody in the Western MA / Westfield MA area that delivers logs? What is the going rate? i was thinking somewhere around $75-100 per cord.
Thanks,

Good luck. I was at around $120/cord when I looked last fall. Barely enough to make it worth it. Also, I don't know who delivers only 2-3 cord in log length. The sellers that I found required a full load which was 8-10 cord if I recall. It probably isn't worth their time to deliver you only a few logs.

Here's one in my area: http://www.leightonlogging.com/firewood.html

My neighbor got a three cord log load of mostly black birch for $300, it looked clean too. The tree service is located on the CT / MA line just South of Southwick. PM me if your interested.

Where in western mass?

Thanks for the feedback. I am in Westfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.