Log Lengths Orange County NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Hearth Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Does anyone have any good reliable and reasonably priced suppliers of hard wood log lengths in Orange County NY.

I live in Campbell Hall and am looking to purchase.

I found one guy who says he delivers Oak, Ash, & Maple log legs of 24" in diameter and less. Approximately 5 cords per load for $375.

Sound reasonable but I never bought log lengths before so I dont really know.

Thanks.

The problem is that it should have been cut, split & stacked two months ago for the upcoming winter.

DAKSY said:
The problem is that it should have been cut, split & stacked two months ago for the upcoming winter.
Presumptuous? Maybe he has the upcoming Winter's wood all laid up and this is for later?

I'm a long way from NY and the CDN$ is different but I paid $100 per cord with a 12 cord minimum. That's a good price for such a small load.

If it is hardwood, buy it for next year, then cut, split and stack it.

It will not go bad, rather only to season it for winter 2011.

P.S. Better to buy it now, than in November.

Who is the supplier if you do not mind sharing. My brother is in Montgomery and his guy he has been using for 10 years for log length could not deliver this year. If you can give me the guys contact info. You can PM me or just post it here. He was paying that much last year.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in Warwick, that is a fair price IMO. It looks like wood like that will be scarce this year, as there is little new construction goingh on. If it's 5 honest cords, then I don't think you'll do any better.

I sold some wood the past few months, but I try to stay right in town, as I can only haul 2 cords at a time. Even the guys I know who sell 100+ cord per year are delivering now ( they usually don't deliver until September), as people are looking ahead this year.

Material processors in Warwick sells 30 yard dumpsters full for 300 bucks . It seems like 6 + cords of wood when split but it depends how they pack the truck . The tree guys sell wood for 300 bucks a load all so . John

I would jump on either one if I was closer. I passed it to my brother, Thanks

I'm not in your market, but it sounds like a good price for hard wood.
I'm paying $110 US per cord for white maple, delivered, tree length.
I usually get 12 cord, and it cuts down to about 11.
Upload some pics?

I spoke to Albert of Al's logging in Stormville, NY across the river from you. I think he was talking $75/cord log length. He seemed willing to work with me. I never bought from him because I scored about 3+ cords of free Cherry and Locust off Craig's List about 10 minutes from my house. I have Al's cell number. I will PM it to you if you are interested.

LLigetfa said:
DAKSY said:
Presumptuous? Maybe he has the upcoming Winter's wood all laid up and this is for later?

I'm a long way from NY and the CDN$ is different but I paid $100 per cord with a 12 cord minimum. That's a good price for such a small load.

heck lligetfa if you live closer I would delver 12 cords of wood already split for 100.00 buck's a cord! What is the going price for a cord up there delivered?

smokinj said:
LLigetfa said:
DAKSY said:

heck lligetfa if you live closer I would delver 12 cords of wood already split for 100.00 buck's a cord! What is the going price for a cord up there delivered?

Really? I figure it costs me 35-40 bucks out of pocket just to produce a cord of split wood. And that is no capital carrying cost/maintenance and my time is free. Do you have a secret or are you just willing to produce and deliver a cord of wood for 60 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.