Log Load of Pine!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Well...It's on the way.. Log load of Pine coming next week. Truck carries 12-15 face cords of wood. Spending the big $...$150. for the entire load! This should take care of my shoulder season wood for a few years. Going to c/s/s and let it sit at least 18 months or so. All set for this coming fall with plenty of Eastern Cottonwood and Pine. Then we switch to Ash, Maple & Black Locust for the winter time, Just couldn't pass on the price and boy it sure beats scrounging. Dropped right on my front lawn.

Wow! That is a good score! I just finished dropping and cutting up a beetle invested pine today, yellow pine has plenty of BTU's in it and it drys fast. I expect it to ready by November, one that I cut a few months ago is already ready to burn.

Wow! That is a good score! I just finished dropping and cutting up a beetle invested pine today, yellow pine has plenty of BTU's in it and it drys fast. I expect it to ready by November, one that I cut a few months ago is already ready to burn.
Alot of folks don't realize that as long as its dry, Pine is fine. That's basically all the guys out in the Northwest have is Pines, Aspen, Cottonwoods and so on. Just have to be patient and let it dry out.

NOOOOOOOO don't do it. Burning pine will make you old before your time, your wife will leave you, the dog will move to the neighbors house, the neighbor will come over and eat all your food then drink all your beer, and then last but not least you won't have to order any oil this winter and that will cause world hunger do to the lack of income for the Middle East.

Oh wait I take it all back please burn all the pine you can. Great price now enjoy the heat. :)

NOOOOOOOO don't do it. Burning pine will make you old before your time, your wife will leave you, the dog will move to the neighbors house, the neighbor will come over and eat all your food then drink all your beer, and then last but not least you won't have to order any oil this winter and that will cause world hunger do to the lack of income for the Middle East.

Oh wait I take it all back please burn all the pine you can. Great price now enjoy the heat. :)

You can take my food, beer, wife and young age. But taking my dog?! Those are fighting words.

Reactions: ChadD
Don't forget the sawzall when the stack is stuck together.

That sounds like a great deal. Out here we pay about $150 for a full cord of split lodgepole pine. You can also use it for day time loads in the winter when you are around to tend to the stove thus saving the better stuff for times when you cant be around to do more frequent loads. You wont be able to beat the heat output! Enjoy.

That sounds like a great deal. Out here we pay about $150 for a full cord of split lodgepole pine. You can also use it for day time loads in the winter when you are around to tend to the stove thus saving the better stuff for times when you cant be around to do more frequent loads. You wont be able to beat the heat output! Enjoy.
The nice part is .....there is plenty more where that came from!

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanm
Status
Not open for further replies.