Log set poll, please answer, I promise you this will not hurt.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Would like opinion on ceramic log sets, Was it worth the money?

• I do not know what a "log set is", I have a pellet stove.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Please answer this poll on log sets in your pellet stove.

Eric

I answered yes since it came with the stove, however it works a lot better where I have it, which is in a box in the garage.

Don't think they're even an option for mine, Eric. If they were, I wouldn't get one. And if I did, i'm pretty sure I'd hate it.

dont have one, anyone know how much they run for harman p61?

mascoma said:
dont have one, anyone know how much they run for harman p61?

Suggested on a P-61 $69.00 ***Please remember Suggested Pricing can go up or down depending on the Customer.***

SmokeyTheBear said:
I answered yes since it came with the stove, however it works a lot better where I have it, which is in a box in the garage.

Ditto.

I hate mine. dose look good in the stove during the summer, other wise it is in the garage during the winter.

I had a set in the Quadrafire when it was new (came with the stove) key phrase "HAD A SET"

The Whitfields I have were purchased used and did not come with them.

They look really nice with the flames flickering up between the logs and such but, are a PITA to keep clean.

With my Whitfields, I am in the stoves at least once a day on the Advantge and twice daily on the Prodigy to give the firepot a quick cleaning with a long putty knife.

The logs would be an absolute mess to deal with.

A waste of $$$$ IMHO

Snowy

they look good in the off season but
the stove burns better without them

My old Quad came with a log set. Well it went to the log set heaven quickly. So I voted hated it! New stove didn't have a log set option. But I wouldn't have opted for it anyway.

I'll admit they do dress up the stove in the summer. But toss them aside in the winter, During stove use. Ash catcher should be there real name! :)

No got..... No want...

Mine looked good, but ended up disintegrating after a couple seasons. Never replaced it.

My vote was for I do not know what it is / have a stove;

I do know what it is and I would not want one, my wood stove covers the ambiance of seeing a roaring flame.
My Engalnder is strictly utility!

I voted "yes I love my log set" because of how it looks. But I hated how much it cost ($90) and what a piece of crap it is.

I don't love it or hate it, just barely use it because it doesn't look so real and is more of a pain to give the stove a quick scrape of ashes into ash pan and scrape the pot. I used it the other day for about 4 hours and took it out. My vote would be neutral. It's ok but I wouldn't waste the money again.

SmokeyTheBear said:

Mine are also packed away in a box labeled 'Stupid decision!'.......

When I first got it I used it all the time, then only during the Holiday's and in the summer, now I have no clue where it is??

Big ash collector and hides the flame

Didn't answer the poll since my answer wasn't there.

I want one, for when the kids are here (8, 9, 11, 15) but after reading the responses...Think I'll save the money and use it to take 'em out for dinner..?

When I first bought this Napoleon, I thought ya fake logs would be kinda nice, but then the cheapness came on.

tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Mine are also packed away in a box labeled 'Stupid decision!'.......

Mine are in the basement. 9 years and I have never even put them in once.......

Status
Not open for further replies.