Log Splitter: Log cradle or no?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one from a fellow in Montana off ebay a little while ago. It is built strong and it goes off and on easily. I did about 6 cords with it and it held up great to some big rounds. It looks like he's still selling them (link below). I can recommend it.

My father gave me the same table for Christmas. When I am splitting horizontal it is great. My son will place logs to be split on the table and I just have to roll them onto the beam and split away. The lack of bending is a real boon as well.

7ujyhygy.jpg
sebygaha.jpg

I made this, we shall see how it works

Reactions: greenfeet
This is what I did,table goes to ground just roll wood on several then lift up.Can roll as needed and have a table as well. It is lifted by small hydrolick wench which also allowes to cast for big one's but seldom do this. I find a light duty
hand cart workes well can move two smaller or one big one and just dump onto table. Works real well a lot better than man handling them did that when younger but 70 too old for that now.A pickroon works nice with this set-up

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    422.8 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 417
kl3540

awesome looking table could you please provide specs & how it is attached to your splitter.

thanks,......

My lift and table is a bit bigger, but I also deal with some pretty large rounds.
100_1545sm.jpg
And wedge position will change work table position.

Status
Not open for further replies.