Log Splitter rental - Central Mass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nihil

Feb 12, 2008
Central Mass.
Hello all,

Due to damage from the December, 2008 ice storm we need to have a multi-trunk tree taken down in our backyard. In the hopes of having a wood burning insert installed within a year or two, I'm planning on splitting & stacking the wood. It would be a pretty significant amount of wood and so I'm looking to rent a wood splitter to burn through it in as short a time as possible.

Does anyone have info on where I might rent a wood splitter in the Worcester, MA area?

Do yourself a favor and rent the largest VERTICAL splitter they have. It's much easy to roll a large round into position (and stand it up at the last moment) than to lift it on to a horizontal splitter.

Peace,
- Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.