Log splitters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegbert

Feeling the Heat
Sep 15, 2016
Arlington Wa
Hello everyone I'm in the market to buy a log splitter here shortly. Being that it is close to Black Friday was wondering if anywhere besides menards does great deals on Black Friday? I don't have a menards near me or I would wait to see if they had another deal like the last couple years. Just wondering if it would be worth waiting till Black Friday for a deal or buy a returned unit from lowes? Right now my local lowes has three used units that had leaks but were supposedly fixed. Three 22 ton dht splitters two at 799 and one at 700. Just wondering if this will be the best deal I'd find so far if anyone knows. Thanks for the help.

Travis

I haven't seen any BF deals posted yet, but Tractor Supply usually has one on sale for BF. I'm in the market for a splitter too, so I'll definitely be looking for deals.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Id jump on that 700 if its clean and has full warranty. DHT is a good co. to do business with. diff between 22t to 30t is more marketing ploy than any thing else in box store units.

Reactions: TreePointer
i love my dht 22

I'd also get the 22 for $700. I haven't seen a good comparable splitter for less. In other words anything less will be of less quality.

I like the DHT 28 ton specs only because it is faster with some more oomph. 27 ton is slow. The 22 ton will do all you need, but spend some more time in 2nd stage on tough stuff.

Always the chance a sale will come up that you wished you had waited for, but I would go for one of those, get it over with and start splitting.

Well I went back the other night to pick it up and of course the 700 dollar one was gone already. That's what I get for hesitating on it. Oh well I picked up one of the 799 ones. So far I am happy with it while I only re split some splits that were too big. But I have some trees coming down today and tomorrow so I'll be able to use it on bigger stuff.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22t dht on the floor at Lowes $1399, as of last night So at $799 still a good deal. Even it shows up on a Black Friday deal doubt weather it would be less than $9xx.

Reactions: Tegbert
Perhaps it was the 28t then , but the price in bold lettering Was $1399 at Lowes in Wauwatosa, WI.

Course I have seen this before Mark up the prices for a couple weeks befor a sale so it looks like a real good deal.

Boston store here local got nailed for that several years back.

just got the tractor supply flyer; they will have a China-matic 25 ton for 849 assembled with fluids for sale next week.

A 22 ton splitter will split 99% of what you feed it no problem. If you want one that cycles a little faster I got the TSC Black Friday sale paper today. They will have a 25 ton on sale for $850.

Status
Not open for further replies.