Log tongs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Found a pair of tongs in a bix of tools i dragged out of my great-grandfather's shop. What are they?

They were rusty when I found them. I cleaned them up with an electrolysis bath and painted in low-gloss black enamel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373854403.509619.jpg

Ice tongs.

iceman.jpg

Doh! Wrong forum! ;lol

Yeah, I was gonna say ice ice baby...

The trouble is, my ice maker puts out decidedly smaller cubes. Doubt I could even get one to stick between the points.

They may become rustic decoration for the basement mantel.

Here ya go:

cube.jpg

Reactions: PapaDave
Ice tongs are excellent for handling firewood.
I have several sizes that I use.

I imagine they hold wood quite well, but I'm not sure why I'd ever need them for that purpose. Wood is so much less slippery than ice.

Yep gonna say ice. Use as a decoration. I have. Set of log tongs like used behind a mule for skidding timbers or logs out of the woods. They were used by my grandfather and maybe farther back?

Status
Not open for further replies.