Loggers & Sawmillers Expo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
Anybody interested in traveling to Bangor, Maine May 4-5, will be treated to the premier forest products equipment expositions in the country.

You can register free online until April 20 at: http://www.nefpexpo.net/atregfrm.htm

You can also pay $7 at the gate.

Anything forestry, logging, sawmilling or firewood related--this is the place to find it.

This show is put on by the trade association I work for. I'll be there, trying to hold everything together. And I hope to see some of you there, too.

Hi Eric,

Good luck in Maine. Quite the trip, isn't it?

I guess you will be replacing your boiler lateron in May then? Just keep me informed on when you need my help.

later.

Niels

PS. No 346xp yet. My firend who was supposed to come here and go with me never showed and didn't call. A friend of his died that saturday so he was busy.

I meant to ask you about the new saw. Since we didn't hear from you, I assumed that you were too crapped out from working all day on Saturday to post. Let me know what you think when you get it.

I'm working on the boiler project, Niels, but won't be getting the boiler delivered until late July or early August. Meanwhile I've been working on the hot water storage tank, and then I'll tackle most of the piping once the warm weather sets in (if ever) and I can shut everything down. I'll probably peck away at that part-time for much of the summer. I'm starting to shop for pumps, pex, etc. on Ebay, plus what I need to finish the tank.

Rest assured, I'll let you know when/if I need your help. My daughter and her girlfriend are dating two weightlifters from Waterville, so I probably have the muscle department covered, assuming they're all still together in August. In the meantime, I've offered to show them how to split firewood and sharpen a chain saw. Good skills for 16 year-old guys to have.

And its always good for a daughter's boyfriend to know that her old man is handy with axes and chainsaws! :bug:

Is this the same show that will be in Booneville later in the year?

He,

I like Titan's comment on the daughter's boyfriend.

I will make certain that my three sons only date accountant's daughters or something like that. Less trouble :) :) :)

Carpniels

carpniels said:
He,

will make certain that my three sons only date accountant's daughters or something like that. Less trouble :) :) :)

Carpniels

Wanna bet????

My_3_Girls said:
Is this the same show that will be in Booneville later in the year?

Nope -- completely different. Boonville is basically a carnival while the Bangor show is a trade show for the logging & sawmilling industries. You can buy chains and other woodcutting gear at either one.

Eric is right,

Boonville is more of a weekend out with the family (wood cutting competitions, grappler moving competitions, etc) and a bunch of chainsaw and logging equipment sellers. But also some verdors similar to Harbor Freight, lots of food stands, a parade, etc.

Still lots of good deals on gear though.

Carpniels

Harley,

Wanna bet what? Accountants are less trouble than chainsaw wielding savages?

I would think so. I can take on any fuddy-duddy, middle-aged office dweller anytime. Heck, in ten years I will be one but at least for now on the weekend and in the evenings, I get my weight bearing exercise with some logs, rounds and splits!!!!!

Carpniels

Carpneils, I'd like to think a BEANCOUNTER poses less danger than a saw-wielding maniac too.Then again-I've never been bludgeoned with an adding machine or abacus-and there's the old adage about the pen being mightier than the sword.Nah,friggit-any accountants I've known couldn't lick a stamp-let alone carry my maul! ;-P

Sounds like a challenge to me, Harley.

Titan said:
Carpneils, I'd like to think a BEANCOUNTER poses less danger than a saw-wielding maniac too.Then again-I've never been bludgeoned with an adding machine or abacus-and there's the old adage about the pen being mightier than the sword.Nah,friggit-any accountants I've known couldn't lick a stamp-let alone carry my maul! ;-P

Well the way I look at it a saw-wielding maniac can be defended against using simple common sense and physics. A bean counter now, they live in a dimension where sense is not common and physics is made up as needed.
Now if you really want dangerous, let a bean counter team up with a lawyer, no one is safe then. :)

Whoops,its bad enough to piss off an accountant, but please don't throw lawyers in too.Even if a lawyer could lick a stamp, he'd bill you $100.00 for it.

Hi Eric,

I will see you there! I am going on the 4th because my son is making his first communion on the 5th.

Craig

Look me up, Craig. I'll be hanging around the office during the show.

Eric...I went "A step above and beyond" check out the thread "Hearth Community Events"

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/7560/

I was thinking of setting it up for Saturday...but Friday might work out better.

If I picked up the phone and "Put the word out around the campfire" I think there might be enough guys interested locally.

"My Sawyer Team" alone would prolly be 5+

Cool. I appreciate the help, keyman. Realize, of course, that if you guys show up in some crazy bus, half beered up and looking to get down, I'm going to deny knowing you.

The (whole-tree, whole-house, whatever) industrial grinder demo alone will make it worth the trip.

Eric Johnson said:
Cool. I appreciate the help, keyman. Realize, of course, that if you guys show up in some crazy bus, half beered up and looking to get down, I'm going to deny knowing you.

The (whole-tree, whole-house, whatever) industrial grinder demo alone will make it worth the trip.

LOL...Err Umm...I "Put the word around the campfire" about (The) Going to the expo..."Not a deep sea fishing trip" :)

Eric...Believe it or not...If you met some of the 'local tree guys' you might question if a few had PHD's (Very professional)

No grog on the way up....now I couldn't speak for the 'return portion' of the trip though :)

I might ride up with MaLogger if I can get away from work. We have been pretty busy after this past storm blew through.

Status
Not open for further replies.