Logging in from my phone requires a confirmation # retrieved from email.... Every single login??? Why?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
Admittedly I may have an issue operating my phone;lol

Is every member jumping through this hoop with their phone as well?
Never used to be a issue that I can recall?

Thanks to anyone who can help me eliminate this frustrating step.

Try changing your password . If your password was considered weak it kicks in 2 factor authentication. We did this to keep malicious bots out of the forum.

Reactions: moresnow
If that doesn't do it, and if you're running a VPN, try turning that off and seeing if it resolves the issue.

Reactions: moresnow
Thanks for the tips.
I've gotten the weak password message and disregarded it. Guess I'll have to change it. God help my feeble memory with a new Pword:p

A hacker told Grandma, "I've broken into your computer and now have all of your passwords."

Grandma responded: "Great! Let me get a pencil and paper so that you can tell me them!"