Logging is Starting!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Monday..have about 225mbf of white pine being taken out and almost that much in Hemlock pulp. Hope to remove these big canopies to let my basile layer of hardwood grow up! also having the logger (my neighbor) pull out a bunch of cull hardwoods that need to come down. Hope to get a good 5-10 cord of that on the ground. I will puck it up and stack it. maybe even split some

Fuel prices working their magic eh?

meaning what??

Fuel prices dropping enough for folks to make some money while running equipment, trucks...

or is there another reason why your logging is starting up now? I know you talked about doing this...

well yeah I guess they ahve dropped enough. getting 50/50 for the wood so I would say I am doing ok being it pine. Pine is typically logged in the winter months. It will take this one skidder operation awile to do this job. Pine market gets better in the winter months. every stick is heading to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.