Logging truck load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wardk

Feeling the Heat
Jul 19, 2012
B.C. Canada
I had a logging truck load delivered a couple days ago , about 90,000 lbs of birch.Early july I had a back injury so I decided to redo the old three point log splitter. I moved the three point hitch to the end from the side , replaced the flimsy legs ,raised it up a few inches and added a log lift not a bads days work. I think it should be more back friendly now.It doesn't tilt to vertical any more but I always found that function as hard on the back as lifting the rounds.

Attachments

• P1010615.jpg
    P1010615.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 680
  • P1010616.jpg
    P1010616.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 677
  • P1010617.jpg
    P1010617.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 701
  • P1010618.jpg
    P1010618.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 715
  • P1010619.jpg
    P1010619.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 650
I very much love the splitting unit and the hydro- lift even more !

Sent from my Commodore 64 with dialup

Last edited:
I think it will work , I will park the bigger tractor next to the splitter and load the bucket , never have to lift off the ground.

Splitter mods are working good. We are about half way through this load and I don,t have to lift these monsters.
P1010634.jpg P1010635.jpg P1010636.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the porta John mod in the first set of pictures.When you gotta go it's close.Great mods looking at building a 3 PT splitter but I want the RAM to split in both directions.No waiting for it to reverse.. Definitely need the catch table too.

That is truly bad ass - having tractor, splitter AND wood envy all at once.

I like the porta John mod in the first set of pictures.When you gotta go it's close.Great mods looking at building a 3 PT splitter but I want the RAM to split in both directions.No waiting for it to reverse.. Definitely need the catch table too.
Splitting in both directions is a piece of engineering I'd like to see.I don't think it's for me though, by the time I toss the split in the trailer and arrange the log for the next the couple seconds waiting for the reverse is a nice break.I don't move as fast as I did 25yrs ago. We have a u-pick vegetable farm the porta potty is for the customers so they don't have to go in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.