Logik-e or PA Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandhauler

Oct 17, 2010
Northern NY
Anyone burning the Logik-e or PA pellets? I am currently burning Curran Renewable Energy Pellets but they are dirty and don't seem to be producing a lot of heat. I am also finding a lot of oversized [longer pellets] in the bags. I live in northern NY near the Canadian border and we don't have a lot of choices for premium pellets. The Logik-e & PA pellets are supposed to be cleaner & burn hotter.

I have heard good tales of the Logik-e which are the same as the PWI brand. PA were OK but a bit dirty. As we say always try before you buy. Your stove might love the PA too.

The PA's were long and burned dirty, and bridged my hopper and the stove went out a few times, the price was right but I would not buy again!

I have not tried the PA pellets yet. I just tried the logik-e and they are much cleaner and seem to burn hotter. I wish we had more choices like Cubex or Okies in this area. We can get pretty severe weather with many below zero days.

I am in Brushton, NY. About an hour from Lake Placid or Plattsburgh. 10 miles from the Canadian border.

sandhauler - I noticed that you are burning Curran Hardwood, try their blend pellets, better heat with less ash. Common mis-conception that hardwood is the best pellet but test results show better btu's and lower ash content with a blend or softwood pellet. The blend price just dropped $10/ton if you pick up at the plant.

I burned a bag of PA pellets in my quad this past week the stove went out 3 times slight bridge in hopper.
Also smoked up the glass ad flame was much less than the dry creeks I had been burning.
I wont buy again.

I tried the PA pellets and they are very dirty like Curran's hardwood pellets. I did not know Curran made a hardwood/softwood blend. I have not seen them anywhere. I am going to try the Logik-e pellets this weekend.

Hello

I am burning the Logik-e right now as I write. So far I had very good luck. Good heat and low ash. The cost was a little more $250 per ton but they burn longer to. I figure that the less expensive pellets like Freedom Fuel at Home Depot that I would have to add $50 per ton to their low price to really compare costs. We found that a bag good hardwood pellets can burn 4 hours longer that less expensive pellets. Has anyone tried that?

Attachments

• WPLogik-eScaled.jpg
    WPLogik-eScaled.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 1.5TonInGarageScaled.jpg
    1.5TonInGarageScaled.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 431
  • 1.5TonInBasementScaled.jpg
    1.5TonInBasementScaled.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 442
Curran produces a 100% Premium Hardwood pellet, 100% Super Premium Softwood pellet and a Premium Hardwood/Softwood Blend pellet, check their website curranpellets.com. I am located in Helena, I think Mularney's carries the blend but I pick them up at the pellet plant, you can buy what ever you want there. They suggested to me the blend as it is there best seller and has great test results, it has worked very well in my Harman P68, no clinkers yet and has never went out. I burnt 5 tons last year no problems. Good luck, keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.