1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

logsplitter side table

Post in 'The Gear' started by squib, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott in IN

Scott in IN New Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    I followed the ebay guy directions on my Husky when I drilled the holes, which was a real easy job (don't let it scare you). If I had to do it over again I would have centered the table / holes around 19" (which is the max length split my stove will take) instead of whole length of the ram. It's not that big of a deal but it would have made it a little nicer.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Ja, ditto on using oil on the bit. Slow and steady pressure is better than high speed. Drill the hole in two steps, first with a much smaller bit. After the first hole is done, bolt the table in place to locate the second hole and start the hole by drilling through the hole in the table. THis will keep the bit from "walking" off the mark. Once it is started, take the table off to drill it like you did the first hole.

Mount the table as high as will clear and closer to the base like Scott said.
  3. Stevebass4

Stevebass4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin MA
    Thanks guys - got it done yesterday. broke a few cheap drill bits in the process but the table is mounted and ready for use (wont be spitting until the mud season is over)
  4. gorsuchmill

gorsuchmill New Member

Loc:
    Central MD
  5. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Dunno, I always spit more during mud season - hate that damn grit between the teeth feeling.... :lol:

Gooserider
  6. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Try taking your teeth out. :lol:

Mud's not really a problem what with all the bark and wood chips from the bucking.
  7. Stevebass4

Stevebass4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin MA
    wise guys ;)

i like doing all my bucking, splitting, stacking late spring summer early fall
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.