LOL CL wanted ad....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
Split Firewood wanted 10 cord $1000 delivered - $1000 (scott twp) - $1000 (scott twp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-19, 8:21AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will pay $1000 for hardwood split firewood, if anyone has leftover stock they need to get rid of. 570-xxx-xxxx

LOL If we were buying wood wouldn't we all want 10 cord of hardwood split and delivered for a grand ??? I KNOW I WOULD !

hey, if you don't ask you will never know if someone is willing to give up cut/split/dry/delivered for the same price as a log load.

SolarAndWood said:
hey, if you don't ask you will never know if someone is willing to give up cut/split/dry/delivered for the same price as a log load.

It never hurts to ask right???? It just amazes me sometimes, how so many people either overvalue standing timber in the "take down my tree, you can have the wood but you need insurance" ads or undervalue the split hardwoods like above. Ah well was worth a laugh.

Around here you can find a cord of ash or oak for $120 so you never Know....

woodsmaster said:

You can get a cord of Oak cut/split and delivered for 120? Thats cheap compared to my area, for a cord of Oak, I live in a White and Red Oak forest area, It is $160 - $180 delivered.

Shawn

Yes it is cheap. Somtimes I wonder why I cut my own.

shawneyboy said:
Split Firewood wanted 10 cord $1000 delivered - $1000 (scott twp) - $1000 (scott twp)

I will pay $1000 for hardwood split firewood, if anyone has leftover stock they need to get rid of. 570-xxx-xxxx

LOL If we were buying wood wouldn't we all want 10 cord of hardwood split and delivered for a grand ??? I KNOW I WOULD !

10 cords at one clip this time of year if your a couple 100 a year dealer that could be a good deal to take.

shawneyboy said:
woodsmaster said:

You can get a cord of Oak cut/split and delivered for 120? Thats cheap compared to my area, for a cord of Oak, I live in a White and Red Oak forest area, It is $160 - $180 delivered.

Shawn

IF you could get oak delivered in our area it would be north of $300/cord. Hardwood split and delivered is outrageously overpriced in the Seattle area.

I'm happy when I get South of $200. Anyone who's ever dragged a tree out of the woods should know what a deal that truly is.

So, has he snagged a deal yet ?

smokinjay said:
shawneyboy said:

10 cords at one clip this time of year if your a couple 100 a year dealer that could be a good deal to take.

I agree. You could probably get some bites on that in my area, especially this time of year, from a large outfit. In the dead of winter it goes for about $120/cord delivered by the pickup load.

I've been paying $160 a cord for birch (which is our equivalent to hardwood in Interior AK) cut to length, split, and stacked, and feel like I'm getting a heck of a deal. I've seen it go for $300-325 a cord in the winter. Quite a seasonal fluctuation there.

He might find someone who's gotten a few years ahead on wood, and is trying to move and needs to unload their stash. Like they say down South, "If you don't ask, you don't get."

Status
Not open for further replies.