lonely tractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like an old 2240.

yup, 2640, square(-ish) fenders. the 2240 was the smaller brother and had round shields that could barely be labeled fenders.

Kinda weird to see other parts of the US compared to here. Looks like you guys are still in the middle of summer. Here we have started to roll into fall already. The leaves are starting to change color.

it's kinda like late summer I suppose.

With the price of up keep, I had to sell off alot of my equipment...still got a few tractors but nothing like what I had before.
Its just too much time and money spent keeping them all up. Love old tractors, but hated having to work on them all the time.

yup, 2640, square(-ish) fenders. the 2240 was the smaller brother and had round shields that could barely be labeled fenders.
Went to a tractor parade locally over the weekend and sure enough, there was a Deere 2240 with round fenders in it. ::P

Kinda weird to see other parts of the US compared to here. Looks like you guys are still in the middle of summer. Here we have started to roll into fall already. The leaves are starting to change color.
Some of the trees here have begun to drop leaves, the usual "early-droppers" but it is happening much earlier than I remember in years past. Could be in for a long winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.