1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

lonely tractor

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by ScotO, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Looks like an old 2240.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I have a bit of seat time on a 2640. Other than it being insanely loud, I remember it wearing square fenders? Maybe an old 830 or the like?
  3. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    yup, 2640, square(-ish) fenders. the 2240 was the smaller brother and had round shields that could barely be labeled fenders.
  4. nate379

nate379 Guest

Kinda weird to see other parts of the US compared to here. Looks like you guys are still in the middle of summer. Here we have started to roll into fall already. The leaves are starting to change color.
  5. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    it's kinda like late summer I suppose.
  6. Shadow&Flame

Shadow&Flame Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    With the price of up keep, I had to sell off alot of my equipment...still got a few tractors but nothing like what I had before.
    Its just too much time and money spent keeping them all up. Love old tractors, but hated having to work on them all the time.
  7. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Went to a tractor parade locally over the weekend and sure enough, there was a Deere 2240 with round fenders in it. ::P
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Some of the trees here have begun to drop leaves, the usual "early-droppers" but it is happening much earlier than I remember in years past. Could be in for a long winter.