Long awaited ..... Square Ground vs. Round Filed - Showdown!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you have me more confused... I thought that the 0.063 was far more common in 3/8 in the Midwest and back east though? 0.050 gauge is a west coast thing.

Oh heck no. There is a good bit of Husky stuff here running .058 but near everything else is .050 except Stihl .325 which is .063 99% of the time.

.058 needs to go away. Soon.

Reactions: mikefrommaine
Oh heck no. There is a good bit of Husky stuff here running .058 but near everything else is .050 except Stihl .325 which is .063 99% of the time.

.058 needs to go away. Soon.

Some of the old Mac info I've seen in the past & more recently seems to always mention .058 gauge,seems pretty obsolete to me.Rarely see it for sale online & never seen it sold locally either.

All but one of the husky's I've had have been .058. 3/8 and .325.

The stihls have been .050 3/8 or .063 .325

In 30+ yrs of owning & using chainsaws all I've used were .050 gauge,3/8 for bars under 32",.063,3/8 for longer ones.

Reactions: ScotO
You ship, I shoot! I like it.
Ordered two rslk chains ( 72 &84 dl ) ,and an rsk 84 dl yesterday . I've got to find a better dealer .:) I had the P/N s ,and the parts guy wanted to argue that they weren't right . So, he farted about for 30 minutes looking for the #s until I told himTo punch in the #s I gave him . Amazingly the chains I wanted showed up on the computer ! :) they should be in late next week .

Ordered two rslk chains ( 72 &84 dl ) ,and an rsk 84 dl yesterday . I've got to find a better dealer .:) I had the P/N s ,and the parts guy wanted to argue that they weren't right . So, he farted about for 30 minutes looking for the #s until I told himTo punch in the #s I gave him . Amazingly the chains I wanted showed up on the computer ! :) they should be in late next week .

Typical parts guy got one living next door::-)

I hate to be that guy, but, wouldn't Stihl round tooth vs Stihl square tooth (or Oregon vs Oregon) be the fair test?

CORRECTION: I don't hate being that guy

You're about to get your wish Redd. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.