Long Burning Logs (Energy Logs) in Central PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyersguy172

Dec 19, 2014
Central PA
Hi,

I'm somewhat new to the woodstove scene. We have a QUADFIRE woodstove that heats our house quite nicely, but the fire is typically out at 7am when I wake up to go to work (the stove is loaded for the last time around 11:30pm). I had heard that there were some 8-12 hour logs available on the market that seem like they would be excellent for keeping our fire going throughout the night, but I haven't had much luck tracking them down. I know of companies like North Idaho and their Energy Logs, but was wondering if anyone else on here from Central PA knows of an equivalent product available in store, or online?

Thanks!

i have a pallet of ecologs coming today their supposed to burn 15.5hrs 5 to 6 hr flame the rest as burning catapiller after iburn with them i'll let everybody know if they burn as advertised.;hm

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to the woodstove scene. We have a QUADFIRE woodstove that heats our house quite nicely, but the fire is typically out at 7am when I wake up to go to work (the stove is loaded for the last time around 11:30pm). I had heard that there were some 8-12 hour logs available on the market that seem like they would be excellent for keeping our fire going throughout the night, but I haven't had much luck tracking them down. I know of companies like North Idaho and their Energy Logs, but was wondering if anyone else on here from Central PA knows of an equivalent product available in store, or online?

Thanks!
NIEL machines were built in 1929 and manufactured logs under the name Presto Logs. The name has been sold but all 7 or 8 machines remain in Idaho manufacturing NIEL's. I do believe they are sending pallets out east at this time. Contact www.northidahoenergylogs.com for positive info. Ask for Mary Kay.

well i tried the logs no heat thrown off at all called company ,they say it's just for overnite burns so you have coals in morning:mad: what kind of stupidity is that.i can stand over stove with 7 logs burning wide open feels like a toaster.

I use the Envi Blocks I buy them at PennWoods Hearth and Home. I mix them with wood or use them by themselves they do last a while and throw out some great heat! I would not load a stove up with them though they get hot!

Firstly, describe what your burning now.. What types of wood, and how long have they been split and stacked? What QF stove do you have and are you packing it full? What is your stove top temps and draft control like when you load it for overnight burn? I'm trying eco bricks now, and they don't last as long despite their claim to last 2.5x longer than cordwood.

giving up on ecologs just going to stick with wood.ran out of dry so bought eco. check under your ashes rake it up a bit you should have a nice coal bed to start next fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.