Long Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
I got all my rounds split and stacked today. Ran out of T-post the last
Row so I made my first attempt at boxing the ends. Will
have to post pics later. It was 90 degrees today so I worked an
hour or so then went inside an recovered. Probably put in a good
8 hours.

Reactions: etiger2007
Cmon mudbug, pics! You know better than that.

I always crib my ends. I think it just looks so much better. I bet yours look great too but I wouldn't know... Because I can't SEE THEM!

I finished in the dark Blue, cut me some slack
brother. Will post some tomorrow.

The boxed ends are not the prettiest but they are standing.

Another good thing happened today. I split some
By hand just for the heck of it, and noticed that my home
depot fiberglass axe has a crack in it. Darn, now I have to get an X27!

8 hours in 90 degree weather! You certainly put in your work for the day! Be proud of your stacks and enjoy when the cold comes!

8 hours working in 90 degree weather! I'd be in the hospital or dead :eek:

Good days work
You earned some recovery time .

Camera with no flash? LOL ;lol

Reactions: etiger2007
No I have a camera with flash, but when ingot done I had to put up
all my equipment, then cook supper, the give the kids a bath and such
so pics were not top of my list.

We are used to the heat down here in he south. It was actually a good bit cooler today.

With all that to to after doing the wood, you didn't get much recovery time.
Splitting & stacking is stress relief & fun compared to your other chores.

ps: Was joking about the flash :) I'm not good at showing online humor

Another good thing happened today. I split some
By hand just for the heck of it, and noticed that my home
depot fiberglass axe has a crack in it. Darn, now I have to get an X27!
Never found that fibreglass handles held up that well.
8 hours working in 90 degree weather! I'd be in the hospital or dead :eek:
Believe it or not Dave, you get used to it, just like you get used to the cold. But only to a point. Once the temp approaches body temp and you can't shed the heat, the body starts to shut down. Well mine does anyway.

Reactions: Thistle
Never found that fibreglass handles held up that well.
Believe it or not Dave, you get used to it, just like you get used to the cold. But only to a point. Once the temp approaches body temp and you can't shed the heat, the body starts to shut down. Well mine does anyway.

Yup I'm good up to 90 or so,if humidity isnt too bad.Usually its both at same time around here,like record temps last month.If daily forecast is over 95 I either start working at 6AM & quit by noon or wait for a cooler day if possible.

I never even realized folks used T-posts to stack their wood until I was here -- I thought everyone cribbed the ends as I don't think I've ever seen T-posts being used up this way to stack wood.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
firefighter....I used the t-post because they are everywhere down here. We live in the country, with lots of cattle and horses around, so we have extras laying around to fix fences when damaged. But now that I know I can crib the ends, I will not be using them anymore.

firefighter....I used the t-post because they are everywhere down here. We live in the country, with lots of cattle and horses around, so we have extras laying around to fix fences when damaged. But now that I know I can crib the ends, I will not be using them anymore.

Hey mudbug, we have lots of them too but we just save them for the next fence and crib the ends of the wood stacks.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.