Long Island Firewood / Brookhaven Township

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any good firewood dealers that will deliver to smithtown LI, just ordered a insert and need to stock up on seasoned wood. Thanks

Anyone have any good firewood dealers that will deliver to smithtown LI, just ordered a insert and need to stock up on seasoned wood. Thanks
I process my own.
But try Prianti Farms
47 East Deer Park Road
Dix Hills, 11746
1 (631) 499-0772

OR

LaMay's Tree Service
191 Depot Road
Huntington Sta
1 (631) 549-8733

If you're not opposed to scrounging, I see posts here about Long Island Craigslists ads from time to time.

If you're not opposed to scrounging, I see posts here about Long Island Craigslists ads from time to time.
He's looking for seasoned wood. Scrounging is great right now in this post Sandy world. Eileen has a guy.

My dry guy is O-U-T.

If you can't find dry wood the next step is see if you can find eco bricks or biobricks somewhere that will deliver, or see if you can scrounge up some construction debris. If you're a Smithtown resident the dump off Indianhead road in Kings Park has a recycling center where you can get construction materials that have been pulled from work sites. I used to go there twice a month and bring home dry wood to mix in with my wet wood. It got me through the first year. Money was really tight for us that year.

On another note: I grew up in the Smithtown Pines.

Thanks guys going to give it shot, decided on the insert late in the season. Will definitely stock up in the spring for next winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.