Long Island FREE wood! (Brookhaven residents only)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machria

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2012
Brookhaven, Long Island
Hey guys,
For anyone that lives in Brookhaven county on Long Island, the town is giving away FREE firewood tomorrow (Saturday 2/2/2013) and next Saturday (2/9/2013) from 8am to 12noon at he Landfill. They have tons of wood from clearing the streets and town property and didn't know what to do with it, so they are giving it away. It is NOT split.

More info:
http://www.brookhaven.org/PressRoom...turday-February-2-and-February-9/Default.aspx

See ya there in the morning, I'm getting a truck load, why not! ;)

I'm gonna bump this one up, if I may.

If I had room, I'd be there. But I'm still processing from Sandy.

This is a deal !

If anyone makes it there, try to take some pics.

There's also no mention if chainsaws are permitted. I went to one of these in northern VA a few years ago and no saws were permitted, so you had to load whatever you could somehow get into your vehicle/trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.