Long time for blower to turn off on Harman Accentra; normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millhouselives

Oct 20, 2008
Southern Vermont
Hi,

I have noticed that when I turn off my Accentra free standing stove the blower stays running for a fairly long time at least 20-30 minutes, this is after there is no flame. The air coming out is warm.

Is this normal? How long does your stove run after turning off?

Stove is in "stove temp" mode with Feed on 3, temp on 60, and blower set midway between H and L.

Its to make sure all the burning Pellets and smoke is completely gone before it completely shuts down. If you open the door before that you will get a good smokey house.

After flame goes out my combustion motor runs 10 minutes, the convection fan another 15 minutes. Yours sounds about right, even my oil fired furnace takes that long.

Wow, mine runs for almost 2 hours before it turns off completely.

The fan is on a heat sensor on most pellet stoves and will not shut of till it drops below the temp. so depending how long the stove had been on for and how hot the the metal is the time can vary.

It's normal.
I have the XXV and it can take anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours to
finally shut down too.

stoveguy13 said:
The fan is on a heat sensor on most pellet stoves and will not shut of till it drops below the temp. so depending how long the stove had been on for and how hot the the metal is the time can vary.

min stays on for 20-30m after long burns, but this is to satisfy the temp sensors in the stove

j00fek said:
stoveguy13 said:

min stays on for 20-30m after long burns, but this is to satisfy the temp sensors in the stove

Your convection blower is on a heat sensor of its own so if you stove has brought the room up to temp that has nothing to do with your convection blower running on its own sensor it has two functions one to push heat into the room and the other is to stop the stove from overheating

millhouselives said:
..do other brand stove do the same?

I would imagine so considering the way these pellet stoves are designed.
Fan on my St Croix runs for an hour before completely shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.