Look at the wood pile in this CL ad!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Attachments

• monster CL wood pile.jpg
    monster CL wood pile.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,363
That pic is from a company in Va or WVa. I read an article about them in Timberline couple of years ago. Me thinx the pic is copy/paste.
A wood processor who has equipment that big don't deliver wood in a pickup.

shamelessLEE said:
That pic is from a company in Va or WVa. I read an article about them in Timberline couple of years ago. Me thinx the pic is copy/paste.
A wood processor who has equipment that big don't deliver wood in a pickup.

It didn't sound right to me. I don't think they have hills like that on Long Island either. Impressive wood pile, where ever it is.

I would imagine the internal wood would rot before it was sold.

Unless they sell it before it rots... or seasons.

I bet it would begin to deteriorate rather quickly. Similar to a mulch pile. Its all organic material that would give off heat, especially towards the middle after repeatedly getting wet.

If it wasn't for the background I would say it is the guy down the road from me here in VA. His piles are that high and his deliveries are in a large dump bed. Says the loads are "between two and a half and three cords". Sells out every year.

And people think I have a lot of wood on hand. Ha! I have nothing compared to these guys.

No hills like that here, and the pic is misleading for the wording in the ad. "Offer ends soon, limited supply."

That doesn't look like a limited supply to me :p

-1, no way thats long eyesland! plus they must have missed a digit!

From the end grain and bark, looks like mainly white ash, with a spattering of white oak and just a few splits here and there of cherry. Cheers!

Battenkiller said:
OMG! Somebody's stealing wood from Solar and Wood's heapenhausen.

they'd be stealing as much snow and ice as wood right now :coolgrin:

Thats a copy/paste pic for sure. This 'dealer' sells wood cut last week, his pile is NO WHERE NEAR that big, and we DO have some hills like that on L.I., just NOT on Rt. 110 ( about 5 miles from me).

Status
Not open for further replies.